Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Commitment: an AMAZING read by Dan Savage

I LOVED The Commitment, by Dan Savage. First, a little about him. Savage is the author, Savage Love, an advice column about love, sex and relationships published in the Seattle Stranger. He, with his husband, Terry Miller, started the It Gets Better Project, so far to great success. The first video and amazing google chrome commercial posted below.
Original Video


Amazing Commercial. I get chills every time I watch it!

Anyways, I love his advice, and I love his writing. (The Kid was fantastic!) Back to The Commitment.  The (true) story is about his reminiscing about the marriages of his parents, grandparents and great-grandparents, all which happened on the north side of Chicago. (Which is one of my favorite areas in the world.) Back in Seattle, this leads into his struggling to figure out with his boyfriend the whys and hows of getting married, and if they want to or not.

Neil and I had this book recommended to us as something we should read before we get married. He already read it, and I'm so glad I did. I would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in great storytelling, and might want to rehash the purpose of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment