Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Little Too Green?

While taking a break from work, I stumbled upon this video. It is similar to my Dream Apartment, in that it is small, and organized, but I think this one is a little too small for me.
The Cube Project is an initiative of Dr Mike Page at the University of Hertfordshire who set out to build a compact home, no bigger than 3x3x3 metres on the inside, in which one person could live a comfortable, modern existence with a minimum impact on the environment.
A video tour by Dr. Page looks interesting, but the production value is small, as should probably be expected on an experiment like this is to be expected.



The website has pictures that look a little more enticing. Even still, I think I would prefer it as a small retreat behind my house, or as a vacation home, when I'm not planning on being inside much. Still, more power to those who want to live in a building like this. £1000 post-tariff, in the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment